Logo

671N overheating

tes

"Ok, I hope there's a simp

"Ok, I hope there's a simple answer. I have a paif of 671Ns in my boat. Just put it in the water, its sat dry for over a year. On my first trip, the port engine started getting warmer than it should, crept up past 220 degrees on the guage after about half an hour of idling through no wake zones, so I shut it down and took the boat in on one engine. Saltwater was coming out the exhaust in normal fashion, Heat Exchanger top freshwater line was hot, lower line was cold. Suspected the thermostat or water pump has failed. Removed thermostat, refilled coolant, started engine and noticed antifreeze moving in heat exchanger. After a couple minutes of running, temperature guage stayed pinned at 230 so I shut it down. Can I assume that the water pump is working based on the activity of fluid seen through the radiator fill hole? Do I need to bleed air out of the coolant system before my gauge will read properly? I dropped the thermostat in boiling water and it opened. By the time I get back to my boat, the engines will be air temp. and I'll run without the thermostat for a while and see what happens. Thanks for any help offered."

"sounds like the freash water

"sounds like the freash water side is working ok you need to check the raw water side, check all water valves for open,check sea strainer, and raw water pump impeller."

Back