Logo

b90 Mercruiser 43L Alpha 1 fires but wonbt run

bill_g

"We got the boat last year and

"We got the boat last year and it ran fine (other than a slight run-on) the few times we were able to use it, then had to have it winterized. When I tried to start it this spring, it would only keep running if I pumped it. The marine shop said it would run rough until the gas stabilizer ran out. But now it doesn't seem to run at all and there's a noise that sounds like a noisy gear or possibly stripped gear somewhere. Any ideas what to look for? Thanks"

".."The marine shop said i

".."The marine shop said it would run rough until the gas stabilizer ran out."

Did he smile when he fed you that line of bull! Every motor I've ever added stabilzer to runs as if there's fresh gas in there. Sheesh!

If you paid this dork to winterize the engine, then it's up to him to fix it. (It should fire right up.) THat said, have YOU changed fuel filters and drained the water separator?

Jeff"

Thanks for the info. I have t

Thanks for the info. I have taken it back to them and will see what they say. I'll be prepared to yell at 'em if I need to.

"Bill:

I spent 30 years i

"Bill:

I spent 30 years in Public Customer Service in the worst place--mediation of parking tickets. The a...oles were told to tell the Judge that they were a victim which was his pet peeve at which time he would ream them out for 15 mins. and give them the max. fine.

Don't yell; speak firmly and stand your ground. Take copius notes including date, time, names, etc. in front of them while talking--it scares the hell out of them since you are recording their statements they think will be used in a court claim.

Manure catches flies; honey gets the bear.

Oh; I forgot to tell you the penitent customers were always given the benefit of any doubt and either their ticket was nolled or the fine reduced to the minimum.

Guy"

Back