Logo

Question

donmega

"so I have a 4.3 mercruiser in

"so I have a 4.3 mercruiser in a 18ft 93 maxum bowrider and it ran perfectly before I took it in to be serviced... 600 bucks later, i take it to the lake and it wont fire...just cranks and cranks... so I take it back to the guy and he says that the fuel pickup in the tank was an inch or so from the bottom of the tank, and that i must have not had enough fuel...even though i had a half tank of gas when i went out... any ways he change the whole pickup fitting and now she fires right up... what could it have been?"

"Matt
Are you sure you had ha

"Matt
Are you sure you had half a tank of fuel and not just a gauge that said you had half a tank ?
If you are sure you had the fuel your pick up may have been blocked or damadged, or maybe your repairer is trying to cover for something he may have done wrong by blameing it.
If its going OK now you are probably just going to have to trust him, unless you can prove otherwise
Cheers
Peter C"

"well the thing is, when I too

"well the thing is, when I took it to him to be serviced, he said he put 50 litres in himself, which is half the capacity of the tank... so I dont know what the deal is... I guess he's just covering up something that was missed or not properly done. She runs good now... 52 mph WOT with 3, 200lb guys in the boat"

Matt;
That is pretty fantasti

Matt;
That is pretty fantastic for a 4.3 with a 3200 lb boat! Keep the wet side down and enjoy!
Rod

"Matt et al:

I have the sa

"Matt et al:

I have the same length, weight and engine size w/new Faria Tach in my 87 boat. What prop are you using? Carb size? or Fuel injected?

I have a 2 BBL non-vortec 175 HP 4.3L in exc. cond. and can only get 4500 RPM & 43 MPH +/- 2 MPH out of it with a 21P 15.25" SS Michigan Wheel prop trimmed out on a calm lake.

I changed to a Rapture 19P SS 14.25" prop and RPMS went to 46-4700 RPM but speed dropped to 38-40 MPH.

Guy"

"Matt: Thanks.

Now I know

"Matt: Thanks.

Now I know that I am Driving Ms. Daisy. When I put her to rest, I'll upgrade to James Bond."

"Hmmm "he said he put 50 l

"Hmmm "he said he put 50 litres in himself,"

Mabe after you took it back, he actually put the fifty litres in
lol.gif
"

Back