Logo

Looking for member named BONDO

rich_b

Contributing Member
"i was reading some old posts

"i was reading some old posts and you said you have 2 or 3 different manuals.i have a 1971 searay 165hp straight 6 cylinder.i have a clymer-mercruiser manual.i am rewiring everything in the boat.another member sent me a seloc electrical diagram but it wasnt close at all.i wired my engine to the clymer book and i burnt out a wire in the wiring harness.now i have to buy a wiring harness for the engine.i have a new harness from the dash to the engine.can you PLEASE PLEASE email me a wiring diagram from one of your manuals.(maybe clymer).i have a nine hole plug.on the plug one wire is off set.two holes are together and one hole all the way around the plug.wire colors are red w/white stripe coming from alternator.(single wire alternator).then there is orange-brown-green-red-yellow-white.can you please give me a diagram of engine wiring and dash gauges please.i have tach-oil-ammeter-gas-tilt n trim thats it. any help would be appreiceiated. thank you [email protected] p.s i have all new gauges."

Richard: try your local Libra

Richard: try your local Library or marine repair technician or EBAY. I bought two used Merc. factory manuals for 1987 form EBAY for $30. There is one seller that has just about any manual you want. I prefer the manual for the year of the engine and OD. It is less cluttered with extra info. Guy

"Ayuh,....... Unfortunately,..

"Ayuh,....... Unfortunately,.... I Don't have a copy that covers the I6s........

A bit of Time,+ a Multimeter should tell you What Wire goes Where.......

As stated,.......
Ebay is a Great Resourse for old Factory Manuals.........."

Back