Logo

Yamaha 60 fetol

hassar480

"hi all well i cheked all conn

"hi all well i cheked all connections on battery and all is good ,,,,,so when i try to start the motor im still getting a clicking sound from the motor .....same deal when i try to use the power tilt button ,,,,,,the battery is full charge so im thinking that there must be a solenoid or relay that is not working ,,,,,so how will i find this ?/ so when i turn the key the power from key go,s to a swich ,sollenoid, or relay,,,????????im thinking if i can trace where the power is going and by simple elimination go through each part and chek it ....so pleas if anyone has any thing they think may help let me know ,,,,,,thank you"

"Albert,

If you hear a sing

"Albert,

If you hear a single click it means the starter solonoid is working, so the positive cable to the starter may be the trouble. If you hear a continuous clicking sound when holding the key in the start position, it means that the power to the solonoid is low. Usually this smeans a bad battery cable, or cable end.

Tony"

"hi tony so what about the p

"hi tony so what about the power tilt ??? i have cheked all all conections and all seems ok when i try to tilt the motor up i get a continuous click ,,,when i turn the key i get one click ....,,, what shood i do now ... i live about 120 miles from a service center here in australia,,, so i carnt tow the boat to a tech ,, i have to find out for my self ,,,what to do next????? tanks"

Hi Albert!

I have exactly t

Hi Albert!

I have exactly the same problem as you.

Have you fixed it yet? Do you know whats wrong?

/Olov

"hi olov yes i have fixed the

"hi olov yes i have fixed the motor there was a break in the earth wire ,,,verry hard to find ...chek all connections,,,and clean well ,,,good luck and take your time chek all wires ..thank you tony for your help to .........albert pace ,,australia love it or leave it"

Back