Logo

Raw Water Pump Seized

lvfiveo

"I just serviced the raw water

"I just serviced the raw water pump by replacing the impeller, o-ring and wear plate. I made sure everything went back together as it came apart and put all the hoses in the right spot. However, I took it to the lake yesterday and put the boat in the water because I don't have anything to hook the boat up to a hose. It started right up and I let it run for approixmately 5 mins everything seemed to stay cool, the guage did not go above 140 degrees. However, we shut it off and just tryed to turn it back on and there was a loud squeaking sound, and it turned out that the pulley on the raw water pump was no longer turning.

What do you think would cause it to do that.
BTW my boat is a 2000 Ski Supreme - direct drive 5.7 litre - so the raw water pump is mounted on the side of the engine."

"Time to take the pump apart a

"Time to take the pump apart again and check it out. Arn't boats great; just when you think it's fixed, it turns out to still be a problem!
Rod"

"LOL, actually good news the t

"LOL, actually good news the tensioner pulley just was not tight enough, pump works good, just gotta figure out why the running lights are not working on the trailer and I will be ready for the season!"

Back