Logo

43 wonbt idle

cruzman

"I have 2x 1998 4.3 2bl carb f

"I have 2x 1998 4.3 2bl carb fuel injected merc vortecs. They both start and run fine.After about 45min of running under a load,when you bring them back to idle they just won't idle.They both keep stalling.I have replaced the caps,rotors,plugs,carb filters and water seperators.Any ideas?"

Vapor locked fuel rail from su

Vapor locked fuel rail from sudden stop after hard run. When is the last time you changed T'stats? What temps are they running at? Decrease your RPMs gradually over five mins. and see if it still does it.

Port eng has 5hrs on reman blo

Port eng has 5hrs on reman block & t stat just replaced on stbd side. raw water cooled so the temp fluctuates 120-160.I was wondering if maybe the fuel is bad.

.."I was wondering if mayb

.."I was wondering if maybe the fuel is bad"

That'd be my guess. I hope the tanks aren't full!

You can tell if it's your fuel by temporarily rigging up an outboard fuel tank to one of the engines. (Do NOT use an open can of gas!)

Jeff

The tanks were stored full. Ye

The tanks were stored full. Yesterday I swapped carbs and the problem swapped to the other engine.I guess i willsend it out to be rebuilt. Thanks for the help.

"if its fuel injected, your in

"if its fuel injected, your injectors might b running to lean after somewhere near wot to withstain an idle"

Back