Logo

GI 81 Exhaust system

petesim

"I see that the exhaust outlet

"I see that the exhaust outlet in the DPS drive for my 8.1 is only approx 3". I was considering disconnecting the exhaust through the drive and installing through hull exhausts. I would use 2 x 3" outlets. Would this effect engine tune at all or would I require different software. I was hoping fuel economy may improve due to less restriction. Besides that, it should sound awesome anyway."

"I'm sure not all boaters

"I'm sure not all boaters around you will share your concept of "awsome" regarding the sound of your through-hull exhaust, but one thing is for sure: it will be very easy to locate you if you ever get lost in the dark or in the fog.
biggrin.gif
"

"El, that's for sure, but

"El, that's for sure, but I've had this new engine in for two years now and it's time to unleash the beast. I've got a few Mercruiser mates around that are getting a bit cocky so they'll know who it is as I round them up at about 40knt's. Seriously as long as I can stop water coming back up the exhaust, can you see any other problems?"

"Nope, I think it should be fi

"Nope, I think it should be fine (though a bit noisy) as long as you get the right size through-hull exhaust manifold kit."

Back