Logo

Volvo Penta 43 gl Power Steering

r2ewj

"Hi, my Boat has sat for the l

"Hi, my Boat has sat for the last couple of years, and I have finally got it back on the water, but I am having a really hard time steering the boat. It feels like the power steering is not working at all. I have checked the fluid, and it looks like the right color and is full...I dont see any leaks, I also un-tightened the hose on the pressure side and with the engine on I am getting a good stream of liquid out of it. Also, when I turn the wheel all the way to the left I head a slight noise from the power steering unit, it kinda sounds like air leaking out, I have felts around back there and i dont feel anything leaking. I have also tried using some power steering conditioning fluid. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Eric"

"Do you have the Seloc 1992-03

"Do you have the Seloc 1992-03 sterndrive repair manual? If so, chapter 15 describes the system in detail, and it should give yo an idea of what to look for."

"I purchased the online manual

"I purchased the online manual from seloc, and it is not giving me much detail. It mentions that you are supposed to lubricate the steering cable every 60 hours, well I have had the boat for 7 years, and this has never been done. I am thinking that my troubles may just be with the steering cable. I started looking at it today, but I can not find anyway to lubricate it, can anyone give me any advice on this.

Thanks

Eric"

Back