Logo

Solex Carburators

D

DBueno

I have A Volvo Penta AQ 131 an

I have A Volvo Penta AQ 131 and been experiencing carb problems. I came across another Solex 44 PAI carb and the individual said that it would work. When I compared both carbs they were slightly different. My original carb has a tube coming out of the fuel bowl that bends over the throat. It also has a fitting on the top plate were a tube connects to the fuel pump where the other carb does not. Can I still install this carb on the engine? Advice is much appreciated!

"I believe the gooseneck tube

"I believe the gooseneck tube you are talking about is the accelerator pump nozzle (part 8 on the link). That part shoud be installed on a marine carb to ensure that all the fuel pumped by the accelerator pump goes into the carbs' throat.

http://www.volvopentastore.com/CARBURETOR_855637/dm/store_id.366--session_id.978 970620--cart_id.010876839--category_id.332883--list_time.1179637904--view_id.324 034

Also, the fitting you are talking about seems to be where the plastic hose coming fromt he fuel pump is connected. That hose diverts to the carb any fuel that may leak from the pump in case of rupture of the pump's diaphraghm, instead of letting it leak to the bilges where it can cause a fire or an explosion.

If you can safely "transplant" both parts from your old carb to the one you intend to buy, then I think you should be OK."

"Here's a link to part 2 o

"Here's a link to part 2 of El's reply. I just replaced this banjo fitting on my 125A. The carb plate is threaded to receive the hollow screw. (parts 22-24) and a pic of what a banjo fitting is (I didn't know-this is a coolant fitting, not the actual one)
81436.jpg
generic banjo fitting"">
81437.gif
overflow/airvent schematic

"I have a question regarding t

"I have a question regarding the need for using banjo fittings on these Solex carbs...is there any reason why you can't just use a threaded brass hose barb? I completely replaced my old OEM fuel lines between the fuel pump and dual carbs on my AQ130C about 3 years ago and used them instead of the relatively expensive banjo fittings and all has been fine.

81453.jpg
hose_barb

Back