Logo

Soundproof foam around engine

"I know this isn't directl

"I know this isn't directly OMC related...

On my engine hatch I have that yellow spray foam stuff for sound. A few places have been broken off, etc and I need to add some more.

What is it? It looks like the spray foam you can buy at Home Depot, but I don't know if its anything special for sound/heat?

Thanks!"

"Great Stuff is flammable, if

"Great Stuff is flammable, if I recall. You want something that won't burn easily. Cascade Audio, Dyna-Mat and Stinger make sound deadening foams and matting for locations like these. Some are mylar covered and would need the foam removed but they work well- that's what a lot of competitors use for car audio contests and if it works for that, it'll easily work on a boat."

"Thanks for the replys... It

"Thanks for the replys... It looks like a foam-it type product is what I need.

Jim: I use Dynamat in my vehicles, but I don't want to use that type of thing in this case. Great Stuff is combustible even when cured, I just read the can (always keep some around the house) Not something I'd want around my engine!... thanks"

"Bob- look for the DynaMat tha

"Bob- look for the DynaMat that's made for lining car and truck hood. It's for high temperature applications and doesn't fall off as easily as some types. Of course, the inside will need to be really clean."

Back