Logo

Honda Bf75a 75hp

T

Trevor Jefferies

"Hello can anyone help with a

"Hello can anyone help with a problem,Motor started leaking oil all inside, looks like from where the selector shaft seal is, removed starter and it is full of oil inside,I'm guessing crank seal, but am having trouble removing powerhead.I have all the bolts from underneath and the couple next too selector shaft.It wants to separate at the lower gasket,which also has the top mount connected.Am I missing something. Cheers Trev"

"Have you removed the oil pan?

"Have you removed the oil pan? There are bolts inside the oil pan that hold the power head down. You really should buy a shop manual if you are going to do this yourself! It's cheap insurance. You can order the same manual the dealer use (I know, I is one) from the Honda Marine web site, click under "Owners".

Eric "Honda Dude" Peterson"

"Have it all apart, seal didn&

"Have it all apart, seal didn't appear that bad and the vent was unblocked, gasket all good, any ideas where else the oil came from other than the seal?"

"Hello, I'm hoping you can

"Hello, I'm hoping you can advise. I hit rocks and did damage to the lower unit on my 2006 Honda BF75A. I haven't taken it apart yet but I can see that the propeller shaft holder is broken and the top mounting bolt is bent.
Here's my question: Can a guy with good mechanical apptitude, a decent set of tools and a shop manual fix this himself? Are any specialty tools needed? And last, who is a good source for parts.
Thanks for looking and any advice."

"Please disregard my above rep

"Please disregard my above reply. I am a newbie to this site and thought I was starting a new post. I will register and properly start a new post, the take myself out to the woodshed. Sorry!"

Back