Logo

71 800 electric shift

C

clint_d

i need to know if anybody can

i need to know if anybody can help me figure out what part number the intermediate shaft bearing is its a 71 800 electric it has a 350 chev motor thanks much for any help

The 800 Series was much later

The 800 Series was much later on than 1971. How are you determining that it is an 800 Series Outdrive??

thats what i was told it was i

thats what i was told it was iam new always had merc new to the whole omc outdrive thing

"your outdrive is called a str

"your outdrive is called a stringer outdrive... OMC stringer sterndrives can be divided into two distinct groups; the 1977 and earlier models are called the electric shift OMC stringers and the 1978 to 1985 models are called the mechanical shift OMC stringers. Introduced for the 1986 model year was the Cobra. All 1978 – 1985 stringers and 1986- 1992 Cobra drives can be divided up into two categories. During the early production of the OMC stringers the 4-cylinder drives were known as the 400 series and the V6/V8 drives were known as the 800 series. Yours is a 71 though.. just a little history... lol.. check this website for your part... http://epc.brp.com/default.aspx?BRANDS=Ej&LANG=E&dealerlocator=no

You should find what you need for part numbers there and should also be able to cross reference with some luck to other dealers... hope this helped..."

Understood. Can you post some

Understood. Can you post some pictures of the Outdrive? I can determine at least if you have an 800. Several pictures front different angles would be even better.

thanks for the help already fo

thanks for the help already found the part num fast and easy oh and the history to i have a feeling it will be the best web site for this boat on my fav lol again thanks

One note of caution. You will

One note of caution. You will note that there are more than one year model for the 800. They do not neccesarily use the same parts. These parts can get real expensive real quick. Hate to see you get caught in a bind. I suggest you do a little more discovery before jumping out there and buying stuff. IMHO from someone who owns and works on their own OMC Drive. Good Luck

Back