Logo

Are OMC Engine Tuner and Seafoam The Same

optsyeagle

Regular Contributor
I was just wondering if these

I was just wondering if these two products are the same stuff or if one has any significant difference/advantage over the other. Which do you guys prefer for decarbing an outboard?

"i prefer omc engine tuner--an

"i prefer omc engine tuner--and sierra carbon free,i do know ,that these two must be alot alike as i have burnt a thousand cans of both,and they smell exactly the same.I think,sea foam,is more of a gas treatment,like omc 2+4,but,..i have'nt used sea-foam,altho,alot of people do,and i think from what i hear,it must be good stuff."

"i like power tune, feels bett

"i like power tune, feels better on my hands
i will try that sierra stuff though"

"Sea Foam works great, and I c

"Sea Foam works great, and I can get it at the local car parts place for about $5.95 a can. They have it in a spray can for decarboning or a pour can for adding to gas."

I have some OMC engine tuner a

I have some OMC engine tuner and was wondering where to spray it. The book says inject it and leave it sit for 3 to 16 hours. I see a something by the fuel system called a schrader (part # 0175158)that may work and I also see a brass nozzle by each carb upper left of the air intake that looks like a vacuum connection. Also do you spray this with the engine running and then turn it off or soak while not running. '98 150 Evinrude (I'll get the sea foam next time)

Back