Logo

New here please please help with aq80 100

hi i have just bought a projec

hi i have just bought a project cruiser it had a sonic sterndrive fitted but had seiezed up etc i have just got hold of a new well secondhand volvo penta sterndrive 100b and engine aq80 all a1 condition but im worryed about fitting it ie cutting holes in right place etc does anyone one know how far in the water does this sit ie the leg and plate or is there measurements from the bottom of transom to bottom of the transom sheild many thanks mick

"As a rule of thumb, the anti-

"As a rule of thumb, the anti-cavitation plate in the outdrive should be flushed with the boat keel plus or minus 1"."

were if on a outboard you can

were if on a outboard you can fit what i call fins to them to help plain? think im right the link did not take me to any drawings but you being a great help cheers

great stuff and those dimensio

great stuff and those dimensions are same with any boat? transom i fit it to i take it thanks again for all your help great help think i got the picture i have a brand new transom sheild gasket which im using as a template for were the holes have to go so that be less of a head ach just wanted to make sure the height was right so as long as the cav plate is around inch above or below the transom i be right??

Back