Logo

Volvo Penta TAMD41PA Leaking Coolant

• Thread starter Javier Rodriguez
  • Start date
J

Javier Rodriguez

" I have a Mainship 35 with tw

" I have a Mainship 35 with twin Volvo Penta TAMD41P-A 200ph diesel inboards. 1997 models with less than 300 hours. Both engines are leaking coolant through the cylinder head gaskets. I have asked around, and learned that this may be a systematic problem on some Volvo diesels, and that the part was changed for newer engines, although no recall was ordered. Can anyone shed light on this? "

There was a new head gasket m

There was a new head gasket made available call Volvo with your serial no.

" This is a common problem. Th

" This is a common problem. The latest version of the head gasket was released 1999 and it has thicker silicone than the original, I replaced the gasket on a -97 41P earliar this week.Part nr 3582433. The gasket between turbo and exhaust manifold is also a problem ,even more than the head gasket. There is a new version of that gasket too. It's a steel gasket part nr 859111 and when an engine get this new gasket, it will appear around 2mm above surface of the turbo/manifold flange. The old gasket has same size as the flange. In this way it's easy to decide if the engine has a new or old gasket.The new gasket has an intallation instruction which has to be read carefully.
Kindly
Ingvar Ytreboe
Norway "

Back