Logo

Short in the systems

joehic

96 5.0L efi need help in where

96 5.0L efi need help in where to start in finding whats draining my battery down. when i conect to post of battery i get a spark and over a few days dead battery .i tryed to use a code readerd and it showed an open ground in the map sensor is that normal? if not do i tract that down useing an omh metter or will i just make thing wose

"You need to use the process o

"You need to use the process of elimination. Is there just the 1 connection on the positive terminal of the battery? Does the positive cable go to a battery switch or right to the solenoid on the engine? How does power get to your dash for things like nav lights, blower, horn, bilge pump, etc?"

"thanks for taken the time to

"thanks for taken the time to anwser ...two conection looks like one to the solenoid and i'll find out where the other gose to ,it's a smaller line that is fused"

"Joe...that's a good place

"Joe...that's a good place to start at those 2 connections, take them off one at a time and then do your connnect/disconnect at the battery and see which one of them causes the spark and then follow that one back."

Back