Logo

AQAD41 Turbo dosnt activate

eazyone

"Hi Boat-peeps..
I have a set

"Hi Boat-peeps..
I have a set of AQAD41s both turbocharged.
Problem: the turbocharger on one of the engines dosnt kick in. I havent yet have had the time to get a closer look at the problem, but before I head down to the marina this weekend, and get my hands all dirty, I was wondering if somebody have had the same experience, and give me a few ideas where to start troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance

JCSA"

either the turbo is carboned u

either the turbo is carboned up on exhaust side or turbo bearing are seized try turning inlet or exhaust by hand

Hi.. Thx for your fast reply.

Hi.. Thx for your fast reply...
I replaced the airfilters the next day.... and somehow the problem seems gone... I hope that the problem is gone for good.

Regards
JCSA

"Hi, I have the same aqad41a t

"Hi, I have the same aqad41a turbo's fitted in my princess 286. I bought the boat in Jersey last year and on the way back had a loud knocking from one engine - just like a big end noise. I managed to work out that it was the injectors miss firing and had them all reconditioned. Since then back in the water there is a large cloud of black smoke - I mean big! as it goes on the plane and the whole of the back of the boat and cockpit is covered in black soot or unburnt fuel. The black appears to stop once planing, however it is cruising at around 20 knots instead of the 28knots before. I would be grateful for any help - thanks karl"

karl000:
Could You please mov

karl000:
Could You please move this to a new post:Start new topic and there might be both some answers and questions

Back