Logo

Mariner 60hp battry recharging system

A

Andy Smith

please could anybody confirm

please could anybody confirm the electrical operating principle for recharging the battry on the 60hp mariner. have a good ideal but could do with some techinical information and some voltage values. thanks

Andy...The stator under your

Andy...The stator under your flywheel supplies voltage to your rectifier or voltage reg. depending on model year. The voltage is then converted to DC and completes a circut to the battery. The yellow wires from the stator are connected to two charge coils in the stator and complete your charging circut. If you are not receiving proper voltage at the battery either the rect. or stator is faulty. PS. Double check to make sure all wire connections are clean and tight and no broken or cracked wires...DJ

" Thanks, Have checked voltage

" Thanks, Have checked voltage at yellow wires seem to be getting about 38 volts AC but only have about 7 volts dc from one red wire to earth (neutral) and the other is zero. Do you know if the RPM are taken from a count of pulses from the recitifer or voltage regulater as my rev counter as also stopped working. "

" Andy...Pulses are supplied f

" Andy...Pulses are supplied from the stator to the rect/voltreg and travell to the tach. If you have a rectifier with three terminals on it(2 yellow,1 red, 1 gray) it most likely needs replacing. I have had to change quite a few as it is a common problem with merc motors...DJ "

Many thanks for your help. I

Many thanks for your help. I belive the unit has two yellow two red and one grey with casing taken to neutral. The model is a 1998 60hp ELPTO. how ever think that the circuit works as you have stated.

Back