Logo

No Voltage To Low Pressure Fuel Pump

bryondolan

"1999 Chapparel Sunesta 232. V

"1999 Chapparel Sunesta 232. Volva Penta 5.7 GSI Engine.

Chronological Order Of Events:
1) Took boat out of the water Thursday night to have a new CD/Radio and GPS/Sonar installed at Boaters World. Everything was working great at this point.

2) After a successful installation of CD/Radio and GPS/Sonar, I went to put boat back in water. Even though the engine would crank, it would not start.

3) The problem is that the Low Pressure Fuel Pump is not getting any voltage to it. I put test leads on the connector to the LP Fuel Pump, and when I turn the key 1/2 way, there is no voltage to it.

4) I proceeded to check the 20amp Fuel Pump Breaker, it is fine. I then checked every other fuse in the Accessory Panel and Engine area and no problems there either. I tried finding every Switch, Relay, or Breaker/Fuse inline with the LP Fuel Pump but cannont find anymore.

5) I checked the Ignition Switch for continuity to ensure power is being routed to the Fuel Pump and the switch is also fine.

6) I've read a few posts here that say there is a fuel pump relay but I cannot find it to check. I've also read about the ECC or ECM module but I thought it was only applicable once the engine is running, not routing voltage to the LP Fuel Pump.

7) I checked for any loose wires/connections in the Accessory Panel where Boaters World was working when the installed the CD/Radio and GPS/Sonar devices but can't find anything out of the ordinary.

Any suggestions as to what else (Switch, Relay, Breaker) might be at fault that will cause no voltage to get to LP Fuel Pump would be greatly appreciated."

Back