Logo

Please Help

rabbit

Last night I took my Glasspar

Last night I took my Glasspar with my Johnson Golden Meteror out for my maiden voyage with her. All was well for a while but then during a turn I heard something crack and then my motor fell off the back of the boat. I was able to flag down another boat and was towed back to the dock. The motor was still hooked by the electrical cables so it only spent a little time under water but damn it fell off the boat. When I was able to get a close look at it the bracket that bolts to the transom and the motor broke in two. It looks to be original to the motor. My question is can I still buy that bracket or is it even replacable and what should I do about the motor to get it up and running again after it was submursed. Any help at all would be great.

"Jeff,

Sorry to hear it...

"Jeff,

Sorry to hear it...
rain.gif
But at least you didn't loose the motor!

What is the full model number of the motor? We can look up the part number for you.

Most likely that part will not be available "off the shelf". You will have to find it from someone who parts out old motors. Having the correct part number will be a good start."

Thanks for such a fast reply.

Thanks for such a fast reply. The motor is a Johnson 100 GM #v4ml-12r. That is all the info I can get from it. Hope this helps.

"That is a 100HP 1966.

The

"That is a 100HP 1966.

The stern brackets are numbered by component. In fact there is a Port and Starboard Stern Bracket.

part number 312059 is STERN BRACKET, Port
312060 is STERN BRACKET, Starboard

Neither are available.

You will probably be best off trying to buy a parts motor, or used parts from someone.

We have the parts catalog if you need it."

You need to get this motor run

You need to get this motor running ASAP or it will be junk. Corrosion starts as soon as you get it out of the water. In fact it is recommended to leave it submerged if you can not/ do not know how to get it running in a few hrs.The brackets are readily available in fact the newer brackets up to 1972 are recommended.

Thanks for all the info. I ju

Thanks for all the info. I just started it and wow it runs so everything should be ok inside it. Where are the readily available from?

visit any dealer and they will

visit any dealer and they will likely have a bunch of brackets.

Back