Logo

AQ 175 V6

my_heap

Contributing Member
Now I have found a AQ175 engin

Now I have found a AQ175 engine rebuilt says came off a 270 outdrive.
Will this engine replace my AQ 120B 4 cylinder that has a 270 outdrive I will need to have gears changed
Would this be an easy swap?

"The engine will fit in your c

"The engine will fit in your current bellhousing and you will have to change the gears in the outdrive. Also, keep in mind athat the AQ175 is a longer engine than your current 4-cylinder, and relatively obsolete. In addition to possibly having to extend the size of the engine well and thus having to modify your current engine cover (or making a new one), you may have some difficulty finding parts for that block."

An AQ175 is a Chevy V6. The AQ

An AQ175 is a Chevy V6. The AQ170 L6 is the Volvo engine that will fit. You had better confirm what engine you have found. Yes the gears need changed and I know who has a set and can do the work.

"Oops, my mistake <[img]"http:

"Oops, my mistake
blush.gif
. You are correct, Boatdoc, thanks for the correction.

The 175 will also fit the 270 outdrive, but the bellhousing will have to be changed as well, and also the exhaust Y-pipe and possibly also the transom shield (I don't recall whether this model needs the transom shield with double bypass or not, but somehow I think it does). If you go this way, I think you are opening a can of worms unless you buy the whole package (engine + outdrive and attachments)"

Back