Logo

Exhaust flapper

my_heap

Contributing Member
where is this flapper located

where is this flapper located I assume on the outdrive. I am new to inboard-outboard engine

The marina forgot to add engin

The marina forgot to add engine coolant. My 8.1L volvopenta engines were run for 45min without coolant .Not realizing the coolant problem the port engine would seem to lack power at 2400 rpm .I could cruise at 1400rpm and restart the engine .I eventually shut down the one engine that was running at 250deg.Oil pressure was a bit lower than normal.What Problems should I be aware of?Do these engines have any protection device to prevent seizing up?

"Martin, go to this link

[u

"Martin, go to this link

http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/na/en-us/marineengines/pub_search/

and download the owner's manual for the 8.1L (mairne engines dropdpwn menu, select 8.1Gi-H). Page 28 of the manual describes the "Engine Protection Mode", which limits your engine RPM to 2500 RPM or less in case of overheating, low oil pressure, low voltage or lack of exhaust water. You are also supposed to get an acoustic alarm. The system is designed to warn you that something is wrong, and the manual advises you that if you keep running the engine in engine protection mode that may damage to your engine."

Back