Logo

16V92

sailmaster

Regular Contributor
Does anyone know anything on p

Does anyone know anything on programing the D-Deck computer on the 16V92 engine? Where can you get the prgraming instruction or software?

""CAN ONLY GET FROM A DETR

""CAN ONLY GET FROM A DETROIT DIESEL DISTRIBUTOR"
Not really so...
It depends on what you're wanting to "re-program". There are many "user defined" parameters,(including horsepower settings that are pre-set) that you can re-program with just a "Prolink" and the appropriate cartridge for your engine. If you're just wanting to, say, enable non-preprogrammed parameters,(say diff HP or installing a JakeBrake on an engine not programed for it) then "YES" you'll need to have a dealer do this with the DD-DDDL software on a PC/notebook, AND a "factory" pass-word. You can get this software, and it's great by the way, and could actually do the programing if you had a dealer willing to give you the password.
If you're actually wanting to "change" the engine configuration, say to a marine engine from a gen-set, or up-date from a DDEC III to a DDEC IV, then the ECM will have to be sent back to DD for that. But it's still not a big deal and not that expensive. You can even up date an old DDEC I/II to a later ECM without changing the TRS pulse wheel on the crank,(newer engs have more teeth) as I've just done this on an engine rebuild/upgrade/install replacing an old 6-71 with a 60 in a boat. See Pics?
http://rides.webshots.com/album/559494045rhGesT?vhost=rides

Cheers, Jon

PS: remember your 16 actually has 3 ECMs. Two are just used for the injectors drivers,(since a single DDEC ECM can't drive that many) and the master ECM is all you need deal with."

If anybody would know on how m

If anybody would know on how much air the 16v92 take in is. I need a new ventilation system in engine room but need to figure what size blowers needed in engine room to maintain the temp at 120F. to do so need the specs for air intake of the 16v92. thanks

"Does anyone know where you co

"Does anyone know where you could find old, dilapidated Marine detroit diesel 16v92 engines for sale?"

Back