Logo

What OMC King Cobra model #bs will interchange

M

Mike S

"I would like to know what Kin

"I would like to know what King Cobra model #'s will interchange with each other???? My outdrive # is model 986043, my transom plate says model # 986029. My boat is a 1989 Mirage 217 with a 454. I need a gimbal plate and a lower unit for the King Cobra. Any help appreciated Mike"

The 454 does not have a model

The 454 does not have a model # on it. itis a reman motor. Is it possible to weld the lower unit? it has a crack in it I will try to post a pic... Thanks for the info!!!

BTW It is a cone clutch model

BTW It is a cone clutch model I have narrowed this down.. I will post more pics. Mike

"Here are some pics of the dam

"Here are some pics of the damage what are your thoughts???
80023.jpg
"

"Is the top picture near the b

"Is the top picture near the bottom of the lower? Not sure if that can be fixed? 2nd picture confirms you have a cone clutch King, you can see by the hump at the top. the clutch dogs are flat. I would still call Doug Russell or email them with the pics and see what they say."

"Seen the pic and thought I mi

"Seen the pic and thought I might could make a suggestion. Not sure if this will work but maybe you could clean the crack area good with a wire brush on a drill or sand paper and use J B Weld? Leave it rough for it to have something to bond to. Push it in the crack good with your finger and build it up level. I am sure trying to weld it would just melt it to a bigger hole. It tells on the directions that J B Weld will repair engine block cracks. I used it on one to fill 4 holes where a hydro plane was once, sanded and painted it and it never came out. Just my 2 cents worth!"

Back