Logo

Rough idle nissan 15D2

grhow

"My 1998 nissan 15D2 vibrates

"My 1998 nissan 15D2 vibrates the entire boat while trying to sneak in a fishing spot in gear and idling. It runs fine when I cram it to get on plane and top end. So I bought a clymer manual on it and started trouble shooting. I also noticed the #2 plug was oily,#1 looked fine. Could this be a possible reed valve problem I have not checked them yet. I am positive I have the timing set right at 3 and 25 degrees but the manual is not clear on adjusting the throttle cam,roller and throttle linkage on the carb. in conjunction with the timing. The manual also does not show the pilot screw setting for the carb. (number of turns out) I have the link rod at the end of the tiller throttle shaft set at 78mm and adjusting the timing link rod accordingly to set timing at 3 and 25 degrees. The advancer arm is touching the stopper bolts at 3 and 25 degrees also. The engine will start and run but misses as the throttle is increased. I have checked but not replaced the fuel pump. I have a multimeter with a 4 cylinder RPM setting. Can I use this setting and if so where do the black and red leads connect. The manual is not clear on RPM hook up either. I have an automotive tach/dwell meter for 4,6,8 cylinder engines. I have also been through the carb. it looked real clean with no orifices plugged up. The manual again has no float height setting listed but when inverted the float is level with the top of the carb. I do not believe flooding is a problem. There is fresh 91 octane and oil mixed 50:1 in the tank. New NGK plugs gapped at 1.0mm ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!"

"George,

Did you ever get a

"George,

Did you ever get an answer to this post and did you ever find the problem? I have a similar problem during acceleration with a 15D2. I have thoroughly cleaned the carb, set the timing, installed new plugs and checked compression among other things. I posted the problem on IBoats and have gotten ideas from "Tohatsu Guru" but haven't found the problem yet. I would be very interested in what you found out about your engine in the hopes that it might help me with mine.

Dave
SV Soggy Paws
In Guatemala"

i sold a few and as i remember

i sold a few and as i remember they were not the smoothest of engines and most nissan have really stiff motor mounts so they were a little rough not as smooth as american motors but better i would get me a trolling motor i think its normal but i havent ran one on my jon in a long time i use a 1976 20hp merc has more power thats all know

Back