Logo

A bit confused about lower foot oil change

tshelton99

Contributing Member
"I have for the 1st time purch

"I have for the 1st time purchased an in/outboard
boat,a (Sportcraft Avanza), it has the Volvo 4.3 Penta engine......So!
Now here I am going to change the lower gear oil
I screwed out the bottom screw just as I would on the OL-Outboard's I have always owned, and I'm looking for the Top screw to take out so it will drain faster,,, Now I can't find the top screw anywhere!
Does anyone know where the top check level hole/screw is located on these things?
Thanks big time to those who have the answer..
I'm awaiting to fill-er-up>>>"

"Hmmm! well I found it,but not

"Hmmm! well I found it,but not until I had to let the unit all the way down to the grownd and found the vent hole/screw at the extream top of the outdrive, and the kool thing about it being at this location is it has a dipstick to check the oil level
wink.gif
, this will make life easier. By the way! there were very little water mix with the oil , so I guess it's alright for a while longer, I'll run it out a few times and check it again , Like I said I just got this Boat
and can't be sure of everything.
79535.jpg
picture of Boat

"another thing this thing has

"another thing this thing has the dual Prop,
what exactly are the benefits of these type of props?
79538.jpg
picture of prop

"oops ! Sorry, I didn't re

"oops ! Sorry, I didn't relize I was in the Force section, I saved this site into my Favorites through the Force topic section, and when I log in I guess I go directly to the Force topics.
I'll pay more attention to the topic before I post next time...
Again! Sorry Folks... Mods please fill free to Delete this topic.."

"Thanks Andrew for moving this

"Thanks Andrew for moving this over to the correct
posting, and El Pescador thank you for the link to the Schematic of the lower drive unit, I saved it for future references, I'm sure it will come in handy."

Back