Logo

200 hp 1995 prov Alarm buzzer goes off

10nout

"I was running the boat this w

"I was running the boat this weekend and it did great for about 5-6 miles.Then a steady alarm buzzer started to go off and the engine shook a little and dropped rpms.It wasnt an overtemp i dont think, because the guage didnt indicate it.But has before.I just recently (1 week ago) changed fuel pumps ,plugs and t-stats.The engine does not feel hot im gettin good water flow from the pisser,I can touch the heads and they are not too hot to the touch.The alarm stayed on the rest of the trip and i idled back in.Does the alarm have some kind of cut off switch that will not allow the engine to run above idle.Could i disconnect the temp sensors and see what happens?Any info is welcomed.1 more thing, i did what justintime told me about the fuel problem and that worked i think,Thanks fellas"

"Nathan,

Usually if the ala

"Nathan,

Usually if the alarm goes off, the engine will not rev above 2500 rpms. You need to find out what is tripping the alarm, a temp sensor or an oil sensor. There is no rotation sensor for the pump which is on the engine.

There are two oil sensors; one in the remote tank, and one in the engine tank.

There should be two temp sensors; one on each head. They all work by grounding the circuit. You could disconnect them, one at a time, to determine which is causing the alarm.

Tony"

"Nathan,

I sent an email, b

"Nathan,

I sent an email, but was having trouble with the adress. I had the same issue this past weekend. I'm thinking it's the fuel filter. Did you figure this out?"

"I have 98 yam 200 saltwater 2

"I have 98 yam 200 saltwater 2 Carbed.Warning Buzzer & Limp mode.Have changed both oil senders and ohmed both temp switches also thermo switch.No resistance. Have unplugged all 1 at a time no change.Alarm comes on as i turn key and stays on.Oil system working properly,tank on motor fills itself and shuts off pump at correct level.Limited to 1800rpm Please Help!"

Back