Logo

1989 chaperral 54 ltr omc

bubbasboat07

"I PURCHASED THIS CHAPERRAL 20

"I PURCHASED THIS CHAPERRAL 20FT SKI BOAT FOR 3K IT HAS A NEW MOTOR BUT HAS NOT RAN FOR @ 2 YEARS I BOUGHT A NEW BATTERY AND IT STARTED RIGHT UP. I REPLACED THE SPERK PLUGS AND NOW IT DOESN'T WANT TO START. I NNED TO KNOW WHAT CAP AND COIL I CAN BUY FOR THIS MOTOR (IE CHEVY,FORD,ECT) ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS}}}"

"Ben, can't help much with

"Ben, can't help much with parts advice, as there is no such thing as a 5.4L. if it ran before You changed the plugs, cap and coil is not likely the problem. are You sure You're up to this?"

yeah i'm sure just a littl

yeah i'm sure just a little confused i talked to prvios owner and said he had replaced with new motor in 2003 the motor says 5.4 ltr i did find some info on the internet saying its a chevy 327?? i might just have to take it in

"327 would be G.M.(chevy&#

"327 would be G.M.(chevy) recheck your previous work, or take it in. if you are going to work on it yourself, buy a book, and do the troubleshooting. don't just throw parts at it."

"Ayuh,......

That's a t

"Ayuh,......

That's a tad Confusing,......

There haven't been 327s in boats, or cars since about 1969,........."

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR FEEDBACK I

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR FEEDBACK I'M GOING TO TAKE IT IN I'M A GREAT AUTO MECH BUT NEVER REALY WORKED ON A BOAT THE PERSON I PURCHASSED FROM SAID HE PLACED A NEW MOTOR IN 2003 IT HAS OMC ALL OVER IT BUT HAS 5.4 LTR STICKERS ON THE VALVE COVERS I WILL ATTACH A PIC LATER THANKS. IT ALSO HAS A COBRA DRIVE?

"hello again i looked at it ag

"hello again i looked at it again it may say 5 ltr 4v i think its a chevy motor because the coil and cap are in the rear, any answeres would help thanks"

Back