Logo

Impulse Loran C model 3001 Postioning Radio

mitch

Can anyone tell me where I ca

Can anyone tell me where I can find an instruction manual for an Impulse model 3001 Loran "C" positioning radio?
Thank You.
Mitch Dennison

" Well Eddie, I don't know

" Well Eddie, I don't know why my friend still uses it because he also has a Garmin GPS.
Just to stubborn to throw it away, I suppose.
It still powers up but will not lock on and possibly needs reprograming. If anyone can tell me how to do that it would be fantastic.We used to have Loran units in our Marine Corps KC-130F aircraft. I was never impressed with them as you had to manually dial them in and line up blips on the screen. Not too reliable. "

" Mitch,
Actually we had one

" Mitch,
Actually we had one on a boat that was used by a club I was in. When it started malfunctioning we found a marine electronic shop that would fix it for $70. The club voted on wether to fix the old one or get a GPS. I voted then to fix the Loran. That was ten years ago. Even then I had mixed feelings about trying to milk every last penny on the old unit and then GPS had a deviation that is no longer there. It just seems to me you could get a hand held GPS for a back up for less than you could fix the Loran and time is running out for the Loran beacons although their life was extended to the year 2015.
Good luck to your friend.
Eddie "

" Hello Mitch. I have an owner

" Hello Mitch. I have an owners manual for an Impulse 2830/3000 Loran C. I suspect the Loran part is similar and while I rarely use the Loran part, I do still use the 2830 (depth) portion. Let me know if this might help.
Dave "

Can anyone tell me where I ca

Can anyone tell me where I can find an instruction manual for an Impulse model 2830 Loran/Fish Finder?
Michel Gaudu
France

"I have an Inpulse 2830 head u

"I have an Inpulse 2830 head unit but with no power cord or transducer, can you let me know where I could find these parts? Thanks John Harrison PS Does anybody know how much these units go for?"

I just boat my brothers boat a

I just boat my brothers boat and it has a Loran Impulse 2830. It is not fully connected or was the partial connection put on right. I do not have any instructions or manual. Can anyone be of assistance?

Back