Logo

OMC STERNDRIVE YEAR AND HP

C

cfrfirecapt

I recently purchased a used b

I recently purchased a used boat with an OMC Sterndrive. The only numbers I can find are OMC 800 on top of the unit and the model and serial numbers on a metal plate located on the side. The model number is 982461 and the serial number is J239846. Could anyone tell me the year and hp of this unit.

Thanks for your help
Ted

I had a lot of trouble but th

I had a lot of trouble but the web site here will get you there look at all of the years prior to 80 and then post 80 under the manuels section. I lucked out and found that mine was a post 80 at this web site. I had previously gone to Imarine.com and didn't find anything that looked like mine there. Check under Manuels. Happy boating
Paul

" After additional checking &#

" After additional checking (looked where I should have in the first place) I have come up with the following.
1. Valve covers are marked OMC 230
2. Engine model # 990254C
3. Engine serial # W 697071
4. Boat is a 1983 Renken
In checking the Model #s on this site I found a 225 HP in 1978 with a model # of 990254D,H,J and a 230 HP in 1979 with a model # of 990254S,S1 but none with a C. any help? "

" Hi:

I am trying to locate

" Hi:

I am trying to locate an owners manual for a
1988 Bayliner 2155, would appreciate hearing from someone who could help locate such a manual.
Thanks
Mitch Farrell "

Am looking for the Owner/Oper

Am looking for the Owner/Operator manual for a 1994 14ft Jet drive Bayliner Jazz. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back