Logo

Chrysler 360 Water in Oil

joeluke

" Several weeks ago while comi

" Several weeks ago while coming in from offshore the bearing on one of my 1975 360 Fresh Water Cooling pumps went and trashed the belt. Prior to catching this the temperature spiked. I shut down the engine, changed the belt and limped in. I replaced the pump but noticed the engine was difficult to turn over. I figured a blown head gasket and found water in a cylinder. I removed the heads, inspected for cracks in the heads and cylinders and found nothing, the gaskets all looked in great shape too. My guess at the time was the intake manifold gasket went bad. I replaced all the gaskets and I'm still getting water in the oil and the engine is hard to crank. Should I be looking for the leak elsewhere? Would a warped head cause this also? "

" Who checked your cylinder he

" Who checked your cylinder heads and has anyone checked your exhaust manifolds and risers.

If your having trouble, Ill be glad to help you with any info or parts.

Gabriel Acher - Dania Marine - 1-800-748-7739 "

" Who checked your cylinder he

" Who checked your cylinder heads and has anyone checked your exhaust manifolds and risers.

If your having trouble, Ill be glad to help you with any info or parts.

Gabriel Acher - Dania Marine - 1-800-748-7739 "

I had this exact problem. It

I had this exact problem. It was caused by leaky risers in the exhaust system. I am now rebuilding the engine.

Back