Logo

25 yamahaback AGAIN

joe

Regular Contributor
" ok..this motor is starting t

" ok..this motor is starting to get to me now. i just had the carb rebuilt last season i believe it was..i got a job, and i havent ran it as much as i should be. so lately ive had hard starting problems, but once it fires, it sometimes sputters out, other times it dosent, and it runs strong..no misses or anything..cut it for a few hours of fishing, ready to leave it fires right up again. im at a loss..i drained my carb bowl the other night, and it dosent look bad, but it dosent look good either. its not gas, it looks like a small amount of water and varnish came out. but im at a loss, cuz it runs fine once it gets going. spark on both cylinders...any help? this is a 1993 25 hp yamaha "

" Joe,

Maybe you are runnin

" Joe,

Maybe you are running too lean at idle. Open the idle mixture screw a quarter turn and see if it helps.

Tony "

" anything else i can do? i do

" anything else i can do? i dont think idle would help much. when it starts, it will start and rev up when throttle is applied, and idle, then after a little while it will act as if it chokes itself out..hard starting afterwards, but will re- start "

" just went over and gave it 2

" just went over and gave it 2 pulls, started on the second pull..let it run for a while, shut it off and cleaned the filter on the motor. gonna let it sit for at least a day, and try it one day after work. see what happens then. thanks! "

Back