Logo

33hp evinrude skitwin is it operating properly where does the water come out

R

Ron Graham

" I am about to purchase a Lan

" I am about to purchase a Lane boat with an Evinrude 33hp ski-twin electric start. The model is 33652D with serial number C481935. What year is it? I put the leg in a barrel of water and tried starting it for 30 minutes. No spark to one of the plugs. It hasn't run in about 4years. However, it did finally fire and with a little help with the throttle, it continued to run rather smoothly. I don't know much about outboards, but I know there should be some water coming out somewhere. There is a thumb-sized hole halfway up the leg but there was only exhaust coming out of it. Does that mean I need a new water pump or impeller? Or can they become stuck after sitting for so long? Any info. on this engine would be greatly appreciated. I only ran it for about 30-45 seconds. "

" Ron.... That thumb sized hol

" Ron.... That thumb sized hole is one of the water/exhaust outlets, of which the water should shoot out of there with quite a force. A time period of 45 seconds is enough that the water force should be at that point.

The water pump is attached to the top of the lower unit, so the water line when starting should be a couple inches above that to promote initial priming of the pump.

It's sounds like the water pump will require replacing. Also, an engine sitting for that length of time will no doubt require that the carburetor needs cleaning/rebuilding.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC) "

Back