Logo

1998 merc 135 Flushout location

B

bo

Is there a hose hookup to use

Is there a hose hookup to use w/o ears or motor running?

Bo... there is a spot to hook

Bo... there is a spot to hook up a hose where the telltale is. Remove the plug beside it and hook up your garden hose to it but donot start the moter as the water pump is not being lubricated ok.

" Thank you dj. also when I

" Thank you dj. also when I shift from neutral to forward or reverse, It grinds a little no matter how slow or fast I shift into gear. Is this normal? "

" Bo... Try not to shift to sl

" Bo... Try not to shift to slow, it causes an effect we call ratchting. It will over time wear off the teeth of your clutch and gears were the clutch ingages. Do you have a stainless steel prop? If so, they seem to clunk hard as they go into gear which isn,t abnormal. All merc V6,s seem to shift hard anyway although if your worried check your gear oil for metal filings. If the oil is not clean take it apart and inspect for damage. You may want a dealer to do this for you. "

Thanks again dj. I don't

Thanks again dj. I don't have a ss prop. I will take a ride tonight and shift quickly into gear and see what happens. Thanks again!

" DJ. It was me... I was shi

" DJ. It was me... I was shifting too slow. It is fine. (shifting quickly). And the flush was exactly as you said. I have two other quick questions about the motor... First. Sometimes when I use the power tilt/trim it makes a clicking sound. (only sometimes) Is this just lube or should I be concerned? And last, What is the max rpm to run the boat at without causing excessive wear or damage? I havent gone over 5500 yet and only over 5000 for a very short period of time. fyi: Boat is a 17 Boston whaler outrage. Thanks again for your input especially with the shifting. Bo. "

BO... Your motor is designed

BO... Your motor is designed for up to 5500rpm. Don't be afraid to run that as long as the boat will handle well. The clicking sound I'm not sure on. Is it in the trim motor or pump or could it be a soliniod or breaker? Does the trim work all the time? If it is more of a creaking noise as the motor travels up and down alot of v6's do that. GOOD LUCK DJ...

DJ yes it is a creaking sound

DJ yes it is a creaking sound and it always works. I'm sure it is normal as you said. Thanks again for all your knowledge. I really appreciate it. Bo

DJ one last question if you d

DJ one last question if you dont mind... Where can I purchase the original owners manual for this motor. Does your dealer carry them? Thanks BO.

" Bo... YES WE DO. Call me at

" Bo... YES WE DO. Call me at work if you wish 1 905 835 1774 as for Dave in service. Note... I'm in Ontario,Canada...DJ "

" Okay, Great. I'm in Ne

" Okay, Great. I'm in New Jersey. Will they ship to the US? If so I call Friday if I get a chance or over the weekend. fyi it is the XL model. "

" BO... Yes we will ship but a

" BO... Yes we will ship but a local merc dealer can supply you with the manual and cost you less,if you need the manual no. I can get it for you OK.... DJ... Nice chatting with you, hope I've been helpfull.. "

Okay thank you. You have bee

Okay thank you. You have been very helpful. Take care. bo

Back