Logo

Lack of spark chrysler 318

doublej

" Hi Folks, hope someone can h

" Hi Folks, hope someone can help
I installed a rebuilt 318 (electronic ignition, 1978 model) and now have no spark from the coil when cranking. Interestingly enough I get a spark jump when I turn the ignition on or off. A friend thought it was a ground problem. This is a 25' trojan sedan cruiser. Could I be missing a ground or is there another way to ground the engine. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. "

" Just for giggles and grins r

" Just for giggles and grins run a ground wire or strap from the engine block to the negative post on the battery and try things. also check that the electronic ignition module has a good ground. Give me some more background, also, as was this engine ever running since reinstall, or what. Thanks, Kim "

There is already a cable from

There is already a cable from the block to the ground on the battery. I am going to double check the distributor installation (I did not put that in; a friend did while I was working elsewhwere.) The engine has never been fired since rebuild. will advise thanks for the feedback.

Did you clean away the new en

Did you clean away the new engine paint from the spot where the ground cable makes contact with the engine?

Back