Logo

Mariner 115HP need year and help

jerry

The serial no. is OC148418 wh

The serial no. is OC148418 what yr?
This motor hasn't been run in about 5 yrs but looks to have few hours on it. I put in a battery and when I turn the key on the alarm sounds steady and the starter doesn't engage. the selnoid does click. any help to get past this point would help. thanks Jerry

Jerry... It is most likely a

Jerry... It is most likely an early 90's motor. The alarm would probably be the oil warning system which is most likely a oil tank float or sensor. Double check to make sure all your battery connections are tight and not corrodide. Also make sure your battery 'IS ' fully charged. Outboard starters are fairly pricey so before you replace it you want to be sure.

" Thanks, I did free up star

" Thanks, I did free up starter with wd 40. The alarm quit for a while but started back. I also got it started but runs rough. Is there any way I can check to make sure it getting oil? Also the arm that advances the timeing was broken and repaired. There are about three adjustments on it is there someplace to start to check if these are set properly. Thanks again, Jerry "

" Jerry... Sorry I did't s

" Jerry... Sorry I did't see your message sooner. I'm kinda new at this computoer stuff. If you don't have a merc sevice manual I suggest you get one, you'll need it. The motor specs are in it in section TIMING AND SYNCRONISING 2C. You will need a timing light and a tach that will handle 2 strokes to do it properly. DON'T start turning screws without or you could do more harm than good. "

Back