Logo

Electrical system

L

Lee OLaughlin

"I have power to my outdrive,

"I have power to my outdrive, as it will raise and lower. however The boat has no other power. It will not crank over nor will any of the electronics on board work. I have looked at the uses and they all appear to be good. What else should I look for? Thank you very much for any help.

Lee

[email protected]"

" Check for loose connections,

" Check for loose connections, corroded terminals, or in line fuse links. (These are sometimes molded right into wires near the battey.) An inexpensive voltmeter from Radio Shack, hardware store, etc is a great investment for a boat. Good luck and post any further ?s. Kim "

" Thank you very much Kim, you

" Thank you very much Kim, you were right on the money. The terminals were corroded. I hate to admit it, but I am no mechanic. That is what makes these sites so great.

Lee "

We love a happy ending. Now t

We love a happy ending. Now that you have cleaned the terminals a light coat of Vasoline will help retard further corrosion. Happy boating. Kim

" have 87' 3.0 mercruiser

" have 87' 3.0 mercruiser no spark worked fine when i put it away last season , will not start but turns over fine and is getting fuel just no spark tested the coil and is good just no spark at distributer new cap and rotor and wire's still no good and tested to make sure there is power at the coil from the ignition and there is thanks "

need help 1986 DT20 suzuki wan

need help 1986 DT20 suzuki want fire? cant determem if under the flywheel or in the pack.

Back