Logo

Trying to identify Boat And Engines

D

dstephe1

"I recently bought a 1970 26&#

"I recently bought a 1970 26' Chris Craft and i am not sure what model it is. And it has twin engines in it that i preesume are GM because of the Valve covers. I am almost sure that the transmissions are Borg Warner transmissions. Where can i go online to find out. The boat is rotten and i am stripping all the hardware and the engines out so i can sell them. But i need to know what i am selling first. Hopfully my friend Cruiser Too will come to the rescue or anyone else that knows

Thanks Sincerely
Dan Stephens
[email protected]"

"Gee, and I thought I'd ta

"Gee, and I thought I'd take a sabbatical this summer! ;^)

The chances are pretty good that they are small block GM V8's. Since they may not be original, displacement could be from 283 to 350 C.I. The block serial numbers are stamped on the upper rear flywheel housing and are probably 7 digits. You can also get the head numbers by removing valve covers - they're stamped on the inside.

With these numbers you can nail down the year and other specs on the engines. There should be some web sites to determine your engines' vintage, or just post it here and I'll look it up in one of my rebuilding manuals.

"

Thanks and i will do that and

Thanks and i will do that and it is good talking with you again. I will keep you informed!!!

i have a volvo penta four cil

i have a volvo penta four cilynder dual carbs does anybody knows why does it sweats like a aircondiction. please let me know

Back