Logo

Evinrude warning buzzer problem

chris

Regular Contributor
1988 evinrude 120hp warning b

1988 evinrude 120hp warning buzzer sounds as soon as engine is started and will not stop. Any ideas as to the problem? Thanks for info.

"Chris.... If this has been a

"Chris.... If this has been a problem from day one, check to see that the wires are attached to the horn properly. The TAN wire should be attached to the horn terminal closest to the built in black ground wire with the PURPLE wire being attached further away. If those wires are reversed, the horn will have very weird actions.

If the wires are connected correctly, remove the TAN wire from the horn. If the horn continues to sound, the horn is faulty and will require replacing.

If, on the other hand, the horn stops sounding as soon as you remove that TAN wire, the TAN wire or one of the connecting components at the engine end is shorting to ground. Keep us informed.

Joe
"

" i have a 1993 evinrude ocean

" i have a 1993 evinrude ocean pro. when i plane up and ride about a half mile, i get an over heat symptom. the beep sound is steady and continuous.the engin vibrates and drops speed. the beep stops when i shut off the switch. when i trun it back on the beep is still going steady. when i start the engin the beep continuses for a minute and stops. the engin then runs smooth until i run again for a half mile and it repeats. changed twice at my expence, water pump, thermostats, heat sensors. the engin is not hot when beep sounds. water is flowing well during the whole time. if i drop the speed to about 3/4 throttle thr engin runs without a problem. (in the back country of everglades national park, i did aa steady run for 25 minutes no problem at 3/4 speed). two different mechanics, two different shops. one, where boat and motor purchased. help!!!!! "

" Help. I have a 2003 Johnson

" Help. I have a 2003 Johnson 175. The engine check light/buzzer comes on when engine reaches 3000-4000 RPM. It does not come in if idling. I have had it in the repair shop twice. First time, tech said water was in the gas tank. Second time, a piece of trash restricting fuel flow. I am on my way back to the dealer. They are talking about removing the gas tank. HELP! "

Back