Logo

1999 Mercury 200 EFI

H

homefree

" Iam having a problem with se

" Iam having a problem with servere oil smoke when engine has sat for 5 days or more & first started. This engine has oil injection & the fuel pump sometimes seazes until I drain the fuel pump housing and pump fresh fuel into it with the primer bulb. I beleive the oil injection mixing valve is the cause. all adjustments check ok as per factory repair manuel. I have heard that this oil injection system can be removed & the fuel/oil mixed in the fuel tank. I would like to fix system properly if I can,but looking at it I wonder if this system has a history of short lived repairs.

Thanks for any information or recomendiation. "

" Disconnect the oil injection

" Disconnect the oil injection system wiring, two small plugs on the port side of the engine aft of the oil injection unit, can't remember off hand the wiring colors but just follow the wires from the injection unit. Cut and block off the oil supply line where it enters the lower cowling/tray. Run normal 50:1 mixture in your tank. IMHO oil injection units are crap and do nothing but harm outboards, either too much or too little oil.... "

HOMEFREE I HAVE SERVICED MAN

HOMEFREE I HAVE SERVICED MANY V6 OUTBOARDS AND AS A RULE THE OIL INJECTION ON YOUR MOTOR IS NOT A PROBLEM YOU SHOULD DISCONNECT. THE OIL IS INTRODUCED THROUGH A DIAPHRAM STLYE FUEL PUMP MOUNTED ON THE PORT SIDE OF YOUR MOTOR. YOU MAT HAVE AN IMPROPER OIL PUMP SETTING ON YOUR LINKAGE AT THE PUMP OR POSSIBLE PULSE FUEL PUMP PROBLEM OK

Back