Logo

Need Help on Mercury Engine yr and few other problems

G

goki

" Hello to anyone that knows.

" Hello to anyone that knows. Anyways, I had purchase the boat from a friend and it has a 25hp Mercury 2 stroke engine. The serial number is 6152986. I would like for someone to tell me what year is my engine made in? Also, is there a place where I can order a maual for the engine? Lastly, How come it takes a couple of tries on the pull to get the engine running? It seems to start fine after I get it warmed up a little. But would like some suggestions as how to make my engine start better. Thank you for all your help... "

" Your motor is a 1982 model

" Your motor is a 1982 model

Do you mean a "couple of tries" in the 2-3 pulls sense, or in the 10-15 sense? 2-3 pulls is probably average for most motors. If it takes more than 5 pulls, you may want to either look at your starting procedure (too much choke? not enough choke? fuel bulb primed? proper throttle setting? etc.) or your motor. You'd be surprised how many "hard starting" motors are actually the result of improper starting procedure.

I can't remember if that motor has a primer or a choke - if it's a primer, make sure it's got a couple of good squirts prior to starting. If it's a choke, make sure it's fully engaging.

- Scott "

Back