Logo

Yamaha precision blend

don

I just bought a used boat tha

I just bought a used boat that came with a yamaha outboard motor I don't know much about boat motors The guy I bought it from says I need to mix my oil with the gas but I open the cover last night and there appears to be a place for oil in there.Do I need to mix the oil in the gas can or just put oil in the oil tank?The motor is a Yamaha Precision Blend model # 25elg.

Don

" Don,

I would go with

" Don,

I would go with mixing it with the gas. If the guy you bought the motor from has been doing that there is probably a reason. (Ie. the oil mixing system is broke or unreliable.) I'm not an expert, but if he used the engin regularly and nothing is wrong, then I wouldn't chance it. The best thing I can tell you is have the motor checked out by a mechanic, they're the experts and they would be able to test everything. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chris "

"If its supposed to be oil inj

"If its supposed to be oil injected and its not working get it fixed. People convert them to premix all the time but dont realize that your motor runs at different mixtures and the oil injection is there to adjust for it. For example, your motor could run at as high as 400:1 at idle and then go 50:1 at wide open throttle. If you always have a 50:1 premix or whatever ratio you are using, it's always running at that ratio. You will smoke at idle, foul plugs, and get a lot of carbon buildup..."

Back