Logo

1988 OMC 30 conversion to elec ignition wiringhelp

getonaharley

"I bought a new engine (20

"I bought a new engine (2002) GM 3.0L 4 cylinder (see link for pics) to replace my 1988 engine.
My new engine has the newer Delco (HEI) electronic ignition and pigtail with 2 wires coming out of the coil at the upper connector....white and pink. I am really having no luck finding a wiring diagram or sketch as to exactly wire the new engine/new ignition with my existing wiring and ESA module. I just want to see the whole wiring picture to know what I need to connect and what not to. My wiring was as follows to old coil: (NEG)2 gray wires and the small black one going into distributor cap at side....(POS)purple, purple w/ red stripe, blue....also a purple wire with a connector from the same harness but it is NOT used.
How does the electronic ignition (pigtail) tie into the ESA module? Do I need the OMC Shift Assist Fix found on Stuart's site?
Does anyone have a diagram or sketch with wire colors, etc. you could possibly send or fax?
Please help or refer me to someone who can.
Thanks very much!!
pics:
http://www.michiganmotorz.com/images/Mercruiser%203.0L%20college%20/"

" Also, I notice that a lot of

" Also, I notice that a lot of people say not to use HEI for marine, but my Clymer manual specifically references Delco HEI and Delco EST electronic ignitions for 1990-93 (PWS) 3.0L/3.0L HO engines. "

Back