Logo

Warning buzzers for mariner 150

dreefee

" I have a 150 mariner 1995.

" I have a 150 mariner 1995. Yesterday while doing routine inspection and maintenance I noticed my cap on the oil reservoir sensing unit in the motor was cracked. I replaced it. Today when i had the boat out, my alarm (steady beep)on as I turned the key over. It did not have a chance to get hot yet and beeped steady immediately. I could tell when it started that I was getting oil and both oil reservoirs in the boat and the one in the motor were full. I even went so far as to put my old cracked cap back on, and it still buzzed continuously. Before replacing the broken cap, I also put on a new tilt/trim switch. I cant imagine the trim switch and the warning horn are related? Whats going on here? "

"Dreefee,

Disconnect the wi

"Dreefee,

Disconnect the wire from the overheat sensor on the cylinder head. Usually there is a temperature sensor for a gauge on one head, and a sensor for the warning horn on the other. You can disconnect both if you are not sure which one is for the horn. If the horn still sounds off it is probably defective. The test circuit in the horn (which causes it to beep when the ignition key is turned on ) is probably bad.

The horn (and the entire circuit) is powered by a purple wire which also supplies power to accessories like the tilt/trim, dash gauges,etc. Anything can be on this circuit if it needs 12 volts.

"

Back