Logo

Smoke from Intake on Yanmar 3HMFX

B

burtonlangille

I'm getting smoke from th

I'm getting smoke from the air intake on my yanmar 3HM-30FX which sat for over 5 years without use. Could this be due to a valve or rings? I would like to leave it until the season is over since I don't use the engine much on a sailboat but am concerned about damaging the engine. What is your advice?

" Maybe sticky inlet valve, bu

" Maybe sticky inlet valve, but excess noise would be coming from inlet. Probable cause would be crankcase pressure venting into inlet. (rings) "

" have a prolong problem with

" have a prolong problem with OIL PRESSURE on a M135 PERKINS CYLINDER ENGINE.We put in new parts,i.e new parts.We went for trial drive.aAll was well.Oil pressure ok.Then the drive belt cut,the TEMP.GUAGE went up[170-180].We changed the belt.When we start again,then we start getting oil pressure problems.As the engine runs after 15-20mins,the oil pressure DROPS to 15-20psi.We changed oil,oil guage[electrical],oil filter,pressure relief valve assembly,oil pump,main and conrod bearings but still low oil pressure.Normally oil would maintain 40 psi,now it's 15.Please advice. "

Back