Logo

No sparkomc 260hp

steve

Contributing Member
" I have a 1981 omc 350ci with

" I have a 1981 omc 350ci with no spark.tried 3 coils,2 distributors,new ign.switch.have power at secondary side of coil.negative side of coil drops to 4 volts when points close-resistor wire carrys 2.9ohms resistance..can anyone help?? "

" Steve,
Have you checked

" Steve,
Have you checked for good ground connection to the engine and condition of negative battery cable and it's connections?
Eddie "

" TRY BYPASSING THE RESISTOR.

" TRY BYPASSING THE RESISTOR. IF THAT DOESNT WORK TRY DISCONNECTING THE TACHOMETER WIRE OFF THE COIL (USUALLY A GREY WIRE ON THE PRIMARY NEG. SIDE). NO DIFFERENCE?, ISOLATE WIRE HARNESS BY REMOVING WIRES FROM SECONDARY + SIDE OF COIL AND TACHOMETER WIRE FROM PRIMARY - SIDE. HOOK UP THE DISTRIBUTOR WIRE TO THE PRIMARY SIDE AND A WIRE WITH ALLIGATOR CLIPS BETWEEN THE SECONDARY + SIDE AND 12V+ ON THE BATTERY. ANY MORE HELP NEEDED, JUST CALL 1-800-748-7739 DANIA MARINE
THANKS, GABRIEL "

" Eddie, yes-new cables and te

" Eddie, yes-new cables and terminals,connections good and clean.

Gabriel,thanks for the info.I will try your tips
sunday the 6th when I get back down to the boat.

Thanks for the help guys,I will let you know what happens after the weekend,any other advice is still appreciated "

" Gabriel, I had tried differe

" Gabriel, I had tried different combos of wires at the coil with a jumper several times while changing parts,with no luck. Now it seems to start with any combination of wires as long as i have a jumper to batt. With all 4 wires on it will stay running without jumper once it is started (with jumper). Does this tell you anything ? I also tried jumping from starter solenoid to secondary (+),it didn't help,however I forget to disconnect the regular wire (purple/black). I am going to try to run it this weekend,however I would still like to fix it right. "

Back