Logo

Suzuki Engines Your Thoughts PLEASE

P

Phil Wilson

" I have had many outboards ov

" I have had many outboards over the last 40 years and always had good service from Yamaha's and Mariner/Merc engines and some Johnson/Evinrudes (Not my favourite). Against my better judgement I have just bought a secondhand rig with a Suzuki DT85 1989/90 model on it. I have two questions, what are your thoughts on Suzuki engines assuming they are looked after OK? Just interested in general comments from service people and users. Second how do I determine the age, I was told the last digit of the serial number denote the year, in this case 9. Does this make it a 1989 motor? Sorry don't have full number as only take delivery next week after it is serviced by the dealer, where I am buying it. Rig is 16ft sports cabin boat. I am buying it for a bit of fishing and fun, my water sking days are sadly over, at least until I loss some weight! The engine is the dark Brown/Gold series. "

bought a 115 97 efi Susuki. s

bought a 115 97 efi Susuki. smokes bad but its really stinky. Seems to run strong and reliable. Service teck are in an ivory tower somewhere so far.

" Suzuki is a great motor when

" Suzuki is a great motor when they run. The factory does not have a good system for dealer support and many dealers have given up on them. The parts network has also been poorly set up.Certain parts for 50,s OMC motors are an on the shelf item at many dealers. Unless SUZUKI does some thinking they will never get that reputation and reputation sells motors. "

"I love my DT40, i have a heav

"I love my DT40, i have a heavy boat (and owner :D) but the boat get plane almost instantly and with 6 people in boat still get plane (not so fast but with my previos 30hp russian engine cannot go in plane with 3 people). Despite the fact no suzuki marine dealers arround(im my country), suzuki will be my first choice for the moment when i will buy next outboard."

Back