Logo

75L King Cobra firing order question

jasontaylor1974

I have a 1990 VIP with the 460

I have a 1990 VIP with the 460 king cobra I wan to make sure the plug wires are in the correct order but I can't find out firing order on the coil packs they are not marked can someone help thanks

"I'm not an artist but I t

"I'm not an artist but I thought drawing it would be easier than describing it, hope this helps!
71264.jpg
"

"Firing order should be cast i

"Firing order should be cast into the intake manifold right in front of the Carburetor, I am not sure about that year but the standard Chevy 454 firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2"

Sorry my fault I thought you w

Sorry my fault I thought you were asking about a 454. Firing order should still be stamped on the manifold near the carb. I do not know the firing order off hand as Ford changed them at least once over the years and I dont know if they are still the same. My most recent book lists the order as 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. Hope that helps.

"OK...just to clarify for anyo

"OK...just to clarify for anyone looking at my art work above, that is supposed to be a picture of the Spitfire ignition and which postion is for which plug wire that I assume Jason has (coil packs) and not a picture of the engine layout. Sorry for any confusion."

Back