Logo

Help with 69 Volvo 130 parts

C

Caleb Dorsey

" I just bought a 1969 Sea Ray

" I just bought a 1969 Sea Ray ski boat with a volvo penta inboard/outboard. I was told it is 130hp, but not sure because I really dont think the guy I bought it from knew anything aobut it and he was just repeating what he was told. I need a new exhaust manifold, but dont know where to look for the part, or how to go about physically finding out the model #s for the boat, motor, outdrive, or part #. Any advice will be greatly appriciated

Caleb "

" Well, I just took it apart a

" Well, I just took it apart and found it is an AQ130 and priced out the manifold and it wound up being over 400 bucks. Are parts for this motor that hard to find, or am i just not looking in the right places? "

" I have been looking for exau

" I have been looking for exaust manifolds for our boat(we need two)also. So far the prices have been pretty high, like $350 or more apiece. Our mechanic said we can use the boat like it is with the small cracks in the ex. manifolds, but down the road we need to replace them. No engine damage will occur with them being used like that, as long as there is no water getting in. He said not to buy them painted, as this could be covering something up(cracks). Ours was painted bright orange when we bought the boat(used). If you find a site or place who has them for a better price, please post it, or let me know. Thanks, Daema "

" I have an old 1976 Starcraft

" I have an old 1976 Starcraft with a 140 hp Mercruiser I/O. The first time out this summer the engine overheated. I took the water inlet line apart and found some rubber pieces. I determined that they came from the water pump. I have disassembled the lower unit and found the water impellar to be shot. Where can I get a new one and what else should I do while I have the unit apart? Is there a kit with gaskets and o-rings, and what type of grease for the U-joints?

Thanks,
PapaJohn "

Anyone happen to know where I

Anyone happen to know where I can find a standard bore piston for one of these old AQ130C Engines?

Back